With only a few days left until International Women’s Day on Sunday 8th March; we’re in a celebratory mood in the U Social office – reviewing phenomenal achievements of women over the years.
And it’s with great delight that we can officially announce that our dedicated Director: Summer Rattigan has been shortlisted as one of the UK’s Most Engaged Women on LinkedIn within the marketing sector!
“I’m really proud to be recognised for this, and especially in relation to International Women’s Day. It’s encouraging to see the impact our girls are having on the digital landscape, and I’m delighted to be a part of it all” Summer says in light of this recognition.
To get in the spirit of International Women’s Day, we’ve compiled our own snapshot of ‘women in the digital world’ below:
- Women make up 28.3% of the online marketing sector
- According to Digital Marketing Institute; women are 11% more digitally proficient than men (!)
- Each day women spend 3.26 hours online
- Women are 18% more likely to follow brands’ social media profiles
- 9% of online bloggers are women (yes, that’s more than half!)
- Female small business CEOs are 78% more likely to say social media is highly valuable to business growth
- Women approach marketing with a more contextual approach: taking into account interconnecting knowledge, experiences, facts, opinions, relationships, goals and dreams in a non-linear, web-like manner
For more information on International Women’s Day – click here